- 1 lb. thin spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp. chile flakes, or 3 red Thai chiles, minced
- 2 tbsp. minced thyme
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 lb. mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup Ligurian or kalamata olives
- Torn basil leaves, for garnish
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup water; toss pasta with 3 tablespoons oil and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high; cook beef, chile, thyme, and garlic until beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, sugar, salt, and pepper and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add wine and cook until it has almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add in pasta, vinegar, and lemon zest and juice and toss to combine.
- Add in reserved pasta water, tomatoes, and olives and cook 2 minutes more.
It’s super delicious